Touron Tales: LOOK At This Crazy Video Taken In Yellowstone Park
Almost daily during the summer, some tourist, does some incredibly stupid thing in one of our national parks here in Montana.
Recently, I ran across this gem on Instagram:
Where do I even start with this?
I LOVE the name of the group, Tourons Of Yellowstone. When I first saw that's what Montanans have taken to calling tourists, I was a bit embarrassed for us. After some thought, it's absolutely perfect and I owe you all an apology.
I've watched this four or five times, and I have to agree with the poster. That looks like an adult with a teenager. What the hell was that guy thinking? I can't know for sure, but it looks like he was egging her on to touch the water. If you're the "adult" in the group, that's shameful.
THERE IS STEAM coming from this pool. That's not a special effect, it's due to the EXTREMELY hot water making contact with the air.
All the Ways This Could Have Ended Poorly:
Let me count the ways:
- There are walkways for a reason. Just because the ground LOOKS stable in Yellowstone, it doesn't mean it is. The second you step off a path in Yellowstone, you are literally DARING the earth to keep you topside. The earth could collapse right under your feet, and you'd die a horrible death with not much left of you for your family to bury.
- Getting on your knees on a slope, especially when clearly, you're not that stable
- Putting YOUR FACE over the pool
- Sliding down and using your FOOT for balance right next to the pool
- Sorry to be the one to let them know she still would have gotten burn worthy of a mercy flight whether or not you were holding her hand. You're just making sure she survives long enough to actually feel the pain of those burns during the flight to the burn center in Salt Lake.
Thanks for coming to my idiot Yellowstone Tourist Ted Talk.
Now, more from the Tourons
This Touron Takes the Cake
Funny, But Sad 1 Star Reviews Of Wyoming's Beloved Yellowstone National Park