How Montana are you? Take our quiz to see how you rate
With what seems like everyone moving to Montana, I thought it would be fun to do a quiz, just to see how Montana you really are. Give yourself a point for each time you answer yes.
- When someone says they're "Going to the Park for the weekend", you say which one
- You're so used to the 2 finger wave when you're driving, you have to consciously back off it when you're out of state
- You know exactly how to pronounce Choteau, Pondera, Havre, Teton and Helena
- You just laugh when someone says they want to be a cowboy like on Yellowstone
- You've been swimming in/fishing at, at least, one reservoir
- You've been to Yellowstone and Glacier so many times, you have your own "spot" and you're not sharing
- When someone says it's August, you know that's code for Huckleberry season
- You fight someone who says it's ok to root for the Bobcats AND the Grizzlies
- You know exactly who Charlie Russell is
- You know the difference between oysters and Rocky Mountain oysters
- You order a red beer no matter where you are, sometimes just to see the look on a bartender's face.
- In that same sense you've ordered a ditch.
- You fight your friends for the gold Busch Light can
- You use the time it takes to get there, not the miles
- You feel the speed limit signs are suggestions
- You grew up travelling with $5 bills in your wallet so you could speed all you wanted.
- You learned to swim by your parents throwing you off the boat into a lake
- You learned to drive at a very young age to help move machinery
- You watch the news for the day they open the Going to the Sun Road
- You know what a Brookie is and you think they're delicious
How many did you get?
1-4 You must be a tourist
5-8 You just moved here a year or so ago
9-12 You spend summers in Montana on a relative's ranch/farm
13-16 You've lived in Montana for awhile now
17-20 Montanan born and raised
10 Most Mispronounced Towns In Montana
13 Wicked Awesome Things You Can Buy at Montana's Worst Tourist Destination