How Montana are you? Take our quiz to see how you rate
With what seems like everyone moving to Montana, I thought it would be fun to do a quiz, just to see how Montana you really are. Give yourself a point for each time you answer yes.
- When someone says they're "Going to the Park for the weekend", you say which one
- You're so used to the 2 finger wave when you're driving, you have to consciously back off it when you're out of state
- You know exactly how to pronounce Choteau, Pondera, Havre, Teton and Helena
- You just laugh when someone says they want to be a cowboy like on Yellowstone
- You've been swimming in/fishing at, at least, one reservoir
- You've been to Yellowstone and Glacier so many times, you have your own "spot" and you're not sharing
- When someone says it's August, you know that's code for Huckleberry season
- You fight someone who says it's ok to root for the Bobcats AND the Grizzlies
- You know exactly who Charlie Russell is
- You know the difference between oysters and Rocky Mountain oysters
- You order a red beer no matter where you are, sometimes just to see the look on a bartender's face.
- In that same sense you've ordered a ditch.
- You fight your friends for the gold Busch Light can
- You use the time it takes to get there, not the miles
- You feel the speed limit signs are suggestions
- You grew up travelling with $5 bills in your wallet so you could speed all you wanted.
- You learned to swim by your parents throwing you off the boat into a lake
- You learned to drive at a very young age to help move machinery
- You watch the news for the day they open the Going to the Sun Road
- You know what a Brookie is and you think they're delicious
How many did you get?
1-4 You must be a tourist
5-8 You just moved here a year or so ago
9-12 You spend summers in Montana on a relative's ranch/farm
13-16 You've lived in Montana for awhile now
17-20 Montanan born and raised
10 Most Mispronounced Towns In Montana
Want to know how to pronounce cities and towns inside Montana? Here's your guide:
13 Wicked Awesome Things You Can Buy at Montana's Worst Tourist Destination
Locals consider it one of the best local attractions, but tourists don't "get it" so they think the gift shop is weird. Check out the cool stuff you can buy at $50,000 Silver Dollar in Haugan, Montana.