Get Your Summer Adventure On And Never Leave Great Falls
I love spring going into summer in Great Falls. It's time to shake the winter tv binging blues and explore Montana and all it's outdoor wonder. I know it sounds cheesy, but this quaint river town and is jam packed with eye candy and things to keep you busy, especially when the weather is beautiful.
However, when you call some place home, it's easy to overlook what drew you here in the first place.
Great Falls Is Especially Nice For Getting Out And Exploring
- The River's Edge Trail : No matter how you like to take the trail, you can spend all summer exploring. The trail can take you all over like Warden, Tourist, Elks Riverside, West Bank, Whittier, Margaret and Oddfellows Parks, Broadwater Bay, Electric City Water Park, the skate park, the dog park, The Lewis and Clark Interpretive Center, The Great Falls Civic Center, Crooked Falls Overlook Park, Black Eagle Memorial Island, and Giant Springs.
- Check out our dams and our waterfalls. It's so close to Giant Springs, that it's almost crazy not to go remind yourself how the Electric City got it's name.
- Spend some quality time in our city parks. Great Falls is gloriously loaded with all kinds of city parks. No matter which is your favorite from Lions Park to Gibson Park and every park in between, you'll surely find some peace and beauty.
- We have SO MANY great museums. You could visit one of these museums a week, and it would take 2 months to see them all. There is The C.M. Russell Museum, The Children's Museum of Montana, Paris Gibson Square Museum of Art, The History Museum, Montana Museum of Railroad History, The Lewis and Clark Interpretive Center, Ursuline Center, and The Montana Law Enforcement Museum.
- River Things. I could easily do a "Bubba Gump Shrimp" thing to describe living with the Missouri in town. There's river rafting, river floating, river swimming, river boating, river fishing... You get the idea.
Plus All Of Our Local Summer Activities
Once the weather gets good, all kinds of fun things to do start popping up all over Great Falls.
- The Great Falls Farmers Market
- Downtown Summer Jam
- The Montana State Fair
- Craft Beer Week
- The Best Dam Mimosa Showdown
- Voyagers Baseball
- Hit one of the 4 golf courses in Great Falls
No matter how you like to do the outdoors in the summer, Great Falls has it. Sometimes we just need a reminder.
Another Fun Way To Explore Great Falls
Gibson Park Is So Pretty